James Evans writes regular essays and book reviews in the national press, some of which can be viewed in full here :
- BBC History Magazine: article about the phenomenon of mass emigration from England to North America during the 17th Century
- The Spectator: review of Nicola Tallis, Elizabeth’s Rival: The Countess of Leicester
- The Economist: review of Brian Fagan, Fishing
- The Times: review of Jennifer Potter, The Jamestown Brides
- The Economist: review of Rebecca Fraser, The Mayflower Generation
- BBC History Extra: article about the dangers of 16th Century seafaring.